Friday, July 8, 2011

Mind

We do not know how the brain works. It is beyond us. Yet it is us. Or is it? Are we nothing but predetermined amounts of chemicals flowing through our head telling us how to feel? Or does your life experiences shape who you are?

I have no fucking clue.

We go through life with three basic instincts. We all need to sleep eat and fuck. And if you don’t want to do one of those things you should really see a doctor. We need that instinct to survive. But those instincts will only get you so far through life. You need to work. Otherwise you’ll waste your life, having nothing to show for the 90 or so years you lived on earth. You need to be happy. It’s unhealthy not to be. (That’s too big of a topic to go on about I’ll cover it at a later time.) And you should be good to others. Just don’t go through life being an asshole. People will treat you well if you treat them well. You should know that.

Think about this. Almost every animal has a brain. And none of them can rationalize their existence except for us. Our oddly large cerebral cortex is to blame for that. That means a dog will never think about why he/she is on this earth. And thats why they can live in the moment like they do. I am always envious of dogs. Those little fucking assholes just sleeping away their short little lives.

So is that what makes us human? The ability to feel, to rationalize, to be individual.

Again a question I have no answer to.

I can tell you this. In my life (which hasn’t been that long) I have been effected by many of my choices. Many bad and some good. But if I didn’t have any of the bad shit happen I would have never felt like the good was any good at all. That may be the reason a lot of pretty girls are bitches (not all of them ladies, chill out). Think about every time you met a spoiled little rich kid. Every one of them is a complete dick and will probably end up being a very unhappy person when they get older. I know I had some of that when I was a kid. And it made me very materialistic at a young age. I’m sure some of you can look back at your life and see how much of a little asshole you were.

I guess I can conclude with this. You are who you are. You can’t change that. If you change your appearance, hell even your sex. No matter what you do you will have lived your life in one though line. You can’t change what you’ve seen or experienced. Ok so you can get brain damage and forget you whole life. But whatever I’m trying to make a point here. You fuck.

Look we may never know what truly makes us tick. But we do know that we are here on this planet and we are human. And that’s pretty fucking cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment